Cape Cross Salt
- Located at Cape Cross
- 120 km North of Swakopmund
- 160 km from nearest port (Walvis Bay)
- GPS coordinates 14.036, -21.803
Resource and Reserves
- Salt Pan contains > 330 million tons of natural rock salt
- Gecko has > 55 million tons (EPL 4167 / 3 Mining Claims)
- > 96% NaCl
- Low MgO
- Crystallization rate of ± 17 cm/year
- The envisaged production process comprises of the controlled leaching of the natural salt deposit and subsequent re-crystallization from the saturated brine.
- No pumping is required as the process takes advantage of the naturally occurring brine aquifer within the Cape Cross salt deposit.
- Gecko aims at producing 1 million tpa of chemical-grade salt
- The salt will be trucked to the Port of Walvis Bay.
- Secured 3 Mining Claims
- Completed exploration drilling (35 core boreholes drilled)
- Pre-Feasibility Study completed
- Finalized geological resource model
- Renewable resource
- Solar salt
- No pumping required